Moon Shadows

Reflections on Life

Sunday, August 20, 2006

More Spiritual Stuff

I just finished answering a question at one of the message boards at iVillage and decided I wanted to share my thoughts with the world. (Well at least with the few people who decide to read my blog LOL)

The question asked was about free will vs. destiny and how we feel about that. This was my reply-

For me, I believe Life is a journey, not a destination and that we have a choice in everything we do. THAT is our free will. Those choices are not given to us BY anyone, they are a product of the world around us. We both act and react and both are choices. I do believe that there is a thing called Kismet or Fate, which is a force that sometimes comes into play in our lives. Its not a God or goddess that we can pray to and he or she will change the outcome for us. Its more of a collective energy generated by all the spirits in nature and in people. Being in the right place at the right time is a group thing, everyone making a certain choice at a certain time. I often don't worry about somethings as much because I know, "If it is meant to be it will be". So while we can make our own choices, we can't control the choices of others, therefore can't control the outcome and I don't believe a higher power does either. We are not chess pieces. We are all of us, the ying and the yang of each other. The balance is the outcome and our destiny.

Now the choice is yours to reply or not. Will it effect the outcome of either of our lives? Who is to say? Its all about the journey any way. Isn't it?

6 Comments:

At 8/23/2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have just begun reading your page, and find it to be quite enlightening on many levels. thank you for the food for thought. have a good wednesday. poet

 
At 8/23/2006, Blogger Ting's Tang said...

Thank you so much Poet. I certainly think there are MANY different beliefs out there and all of them are plausible, I just find that this works for me and brings me peace. You have a good Wed too (and thursday etc..) hehe

*hugs
Caly
Ps. I haven't had a chance to read you poems but still plan on it. 8-)

 
At 8/24/2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm glad you will come to my page. thanks. please keep writing, it is very useful, to me in my personal pursuit of happiness.

 
At 8/24/2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is really a, "I don't know subject matter," for me. I would guess that fate does exist.

I have a hunch that fate is ever changing. I sort of feel that nothing is set in stone. And though I do believe we all have a free will, this isn't a solo universe even if you want to go it alone-people around you still have an impact on your life.

You could look at life as a formula...

People/Decisions*Circumstances = Situations/Outcomes

Face it - everything in life has a numerical equivalent and I am not fond of math. :)

You can change the formula if you like. Hey, another friendly debate...what's your life's equation? :) Since my skills in math are challenged, I might not do so well in that debate.

Take care and have a pleasant weekend,

the editor

 
At 8/26/2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

caly, hi, thanks for coming over. in my archives, for february, and go back a few clicks in previous entries, you will find a few copies of stuff i wrote. enjoy. poet

 
At 9/02/2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

just checking in. hope the weekend goes well for you. poet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home